IPPF is a global healthcare provider and a leading advocate of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) for all. Led by a courageous and determined group of women, IPPF was founded in 1952 at the Third International Planned Parenthood Conference. Today, we are a movement of over 100 autonomous with a presence in over 140 countries.
Our work is wide-ranging, including comprehensive sex education, provision of contraceptive, safe abortion, and maternal care and responding to humanitarian crisis. We pride ourselves on being local through our members and global through our network. At the heart of our mission is the provision of – and advocacy in support of – integrated healthcare to anyone who needs it regardless of race, gender, sex, income, and crucially no matter how remote. Volunteerism is central to our healthcare delivery. It underpins the vital work of our members and their teams, whether through community outreach and distribution of contraceptive care or the regional Youth Action Movements championing change.
About East, South East Asia and Oceania Region
The IPPF East & Southeast Asia and Oceania Region (ESEAOR), based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is one of IPPF’s six (6) regional offices and has a sub-regional office in Suva, Fiji.
All people are free to make choices about their sexuality and well-being, in a world free of discrimination.
Building on a proud history of over 65 years of achievement, we commit to lead a locally owned, globally connected civil society movement that provides and enables services and champions sexual and reproductive health and rights for all, especially the under-served.
Our core values guide the way we undertake our work. We believe:
- in social inclusion with a demonstrated commitment to enable the rights of the most under-served to be realised;
- in diversity, respecting all regardless of their age, gender, status, identity, sexual orientation or expression;
- our passion and determination inspire others to have the courage to challenge and seek social justice for all;
- in the significant contribution our volunteerism delivers across a range of roles and as activists inspiring the Federation to advance its mission;
- in accountability as a cornerstone of trust which is demonstrated through high performance, ethical standards and transparency.
The IPPF Secretariat comprises of the Central Office in London, and six regional offices:
- Africa (Nairobi)
- Americas & Caribbean (Colombia and Trinidad & Tobago)
- Arab World (Tunis)
- East and South East Asia and Oceania (Kuala Lumpur)
- European Network (Brussels)
- South Asia (Bangkok hub and Delhi sub-office)
The Secretariat is responsible for strategy, income generation and distributing core funds to members, and collaborating with members on technical developments and sector advancements. It also carries out direct advocacy for sexual and reproductive health and rights to international and regional bodies.
Our leadership team and Board of Trustees oversee the work of IPPF to create a better world for everyone to exercise the right to make their own choices over their bodies.
Our leadership team and Board of Trustees oversee the work of IPPF to create a better world for everyone to live a free reproductive life and engage in safe, fulfilling intimate relationships.
Our committed and diverse leadership team and Board of Trustees oversee the work of IPPF to create a better world for everyone to exercise the right to make their own choices over their bodies. Our passionate and diverse leadership team and Board of Trustees oversee the work of IPPF to create a better world for everyone to live a free reproductive life and engage in safe, fulfilling intimate relationships.
The General Assembly of the United Nations adopts and proclaims the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
World population is 2.5 billion.
IPPF is created at the Third International Planned Parenthood Conference (Bombay).
IPPF's founding members are the family planning associations of Germany, Hong Kong, India, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, UK, and USA.
Population Council is established to build an evidence base to guide population programmes and policies.
The People of IPPF
- Directors’ Leadership Team
- Board of Trustees
- Nominations & Governance Committee
- Finance, Audit and Risk Committee (C-FAR)
- Membership Committee (MC)
- Resource Allocation Technical Committee (RATC)
- Strategy, Investment and Policy Committee (C-SIP)
Our Member Associations
IPPF works in 142 countries to provide help, advice, services and supplies relating to any aspect of sexual and reproductive health. These services are delivered through an IPPF Member Association (MA).
MAs are IPPF accredited organizations within country. To find your local MA simply view the list below, or filter by region and country.
- East and South East Asia and Oceania